My faithful Linty Peeps, please check these blogs out!
Not so Silent Mommy gave out awards and the recipients had a choice between the two awards she was paying forward. We were supposed to choose for ourselves, so choose I will. While it sounds nice to be "versatile" how awesome is it when someone says, "damn, she is on fire." So really, there is no choice. Blog on Fire it is!!! (I have no idea if either of these are better, or more esteemed, etc. It is sort of like finding Nell in the woods and telling her to choose between a Oscar and an Emmy. She is just happy about the shiny statue. Same, same. I am just happy about the shiny statue.)
But wait, good news...I don't have to choose! The lovely Moms Mission Upstream gave me The Versatile Blogger award. I get to keep them both! Hooray! Henceforth, I would always like my blog referred to as A Versatile Blog on Fire.
The rules are as follows: write seven things about yourself and then pass the award on to 10 other bloggers. Let us commence...
1. I love to sleep. When I wake up in the morning I am already excited about going to bed that night. I am all, "goodbye pillow, I will see you very very soon."
2. I have been with my husband for 13 years. Yes, we started dating when when were infants.
3. I hate animal movies. They always make me cry, and I don't need that. I know what you are thinking. Not even Seabiscuit? Nope, under no circumstances will I ever watch a horse movie. "But it was critically acclaimed," you say to yourself. I don't give a #$% if Seabiscuit himself accepted an Oscar in a horse tuxedo. Not seeing it. And no, I will have not, nor will I ever, watch Marley and Me (spoiler alert: the dog dies. Shocker.). Related: If you tell me a sad story about an animal, you are dead to me. Make a note.
4. I love General Hospital. It is one of my
5. French Toast is my favorite food. I never actually make it, but I order it quite often when we go out to brekkie on the weekends. What makes bread better? Dip it in batter and fry it. Duh.
6. I want to travel all over the world and don't like when places are not travel friendly. I find it distressing when I hear on the news that someplace I would love to visit is in the throws of civil war. Or has been ravaged by floods. Yes, I am worried for the people, obviously. I am not a monster. But I also worry that the place may never be tourist friendly again and I will never be able to go there. For example: Egypt. They have some issues in the civil unrest department. They really need to get it together so I will not worry about dying a fiery death if I visit. Sure, it will probably be 20 years before I have the time or money to mosey over, but they need to be ready. I gots to see them pyramids before I die. Mama has a bucket list.
7. I am addicted to twitter and facebook. I totally understand it smacks of "she needs to get a life." But I do it anyway. Judge away (or don't, because I may cry if you call me out.) It started because I was home all day with an infant. Sure she was cute, but a conversationalist she was not. My computer became a way for me to see what adults were doing out in the real world. Away from spit up and crap diapers. So there, I admit it. I am an addict and there is probably an intervention somewhere in my future.
And now for the recipients...In no particular order.... Drum roll please....
1. La Dulce Vita~The Sweet Life
2. Mommys Nest
3. Poop on a Hot Tin Slide
4. Sarcasm 101
6. The Desperate Housemommy
8. Eat, Drink and Decorate
9. Life is Hard Laugh Anyway
10. Three Gals
(no idea why my links are different colors. that is operator error.)
Some of you are probably like, "lord, another award. I am already so popular, where will I find the space for yet another one?" If that is the case, then you should call Meryl Streep. She will tell you how to handle it. (BTW, I don't feel sorry for you.) Also, please pick which award you want. Wait, I have a better idea. You all get both. Eeks, this must be how Santa feels! You're welcome lovely bloggers. Enjoy your award, link back to me, and pay it forward.
If you need me, I will be preparing for my interview with Barbara Walters. I am sure you are familiar with the Most Intriguing People specials she occasionally does.