1. First and foremost, the obvs, Lady Baby. Though she is at times most trying on our sanity, she is a little bundle of amazingness. Without you, there would be no us. And without us, there would be no Alice.
2. You make me laugh every day. I know we can't agree on who is the funny one (me), but you aren't too shabby in the giggles department. Yes, sometimes you try to use your unique brand of humor to deflect Angry T. And that sometimes backfires, making her even more angry and scary. But most of the time I truly appreciate your ability to bring on the funny. Only you could make me laugh as I wait to go into emergency surgery or while we are on the way to my grandfather's funeral. Only you can keep me from taking myself too seriously. Only you can make me laugh with my heart.
3. Thank you for keeping me from becoming a hoarder. If it wasn't for you, I would be buried alive in sturf. I would have stacks of books. Instead I have taken 98% to the used book store. Then you bought me a Kindle so that I am not bringing new ones into the house. Well played. I would have shelves of glass jars (they are so freaking awesome for some many things), but you
strong arm gently convince me to recycle them. I would have drawers of bread ties, plastic forks and spoon packs, and restaurant napkins. Instead, you secretly dispose of all of these things so they cannot accumulate. You don't tell me you are throwing them away because I would panic that we won't have cutlery in case of an emergency weather situation or the apocalypse. I thank you for your need to purge, as does the person who I would be renting from if you were not around.
4. You are patient with my quirks. Like leaving my keys in the door. My need to recycle toilet paper rolls. How my car looks like I have been carting around a pack of farm animals who love spilling drinks and eating fast food. Sometimes I have terrible migraines and have to go to bed at 7:30pm. I never remember to turn out the bathroom light or close my closet door. I occasionally leave my drawers wide open (though I really think someone comes behind me and opens them). And that is only the tip of the Thea iceberg. I have a plethora of idiosyncrasies, and you handle them all with grace and the ability to not make terribly much fun of me. (BTW, I promise I am trying to stop saying FYI and JIC cause I know you hate them.)
5. You love me for who I am. Yes, you occasionally offer ideas that may or may not be valid to help me to improve some part of my life. Like just the other day, when you suggested that I do Yoga at 6:00am to energize myself. Not appreciated, but duly noted. But on the whole you take me for who I am. A person who is a little crazy and emotionally sensitive. A person who doesn't do things the way you would like them done 99% of the time. A person who asks a lot of questions 100% the time. You love that part the most.
For those of you who know us, you know that we are The Bickersons. Some of you probably think that we must be mad at each other all the time. But that is just us. It's what we do. It doesn't mean we love each other any less. I see it as healthy because we call each other out and are not afraid to share our opinions with each other. We don't walk on eggshells and we don't pretend. What you see is what you get and that is one of the reasons our marriage works for us. We do everything at 100%. Laugh, fight, and love. T-Nice, I thanks you for eight wonderful years. I can only imagine what the next eight will bring.