Here is what I have been up to in a
1. I am working like crazy. Changing things up and moving things around. More on this later. At the rate I am going, much later.
2. The hubs ran a marathon last weekend and
Lady Baby and I got to spend last Saturday morning hurrying up and waiting to see him run by. In the rain. Actually, more like the mist. It was Running Dada in the Mist. He did great and we are oh so proud. As I feared, he now wants to run more marathons. Goodbye relaxing Saturday mornings for-ev-er. I am also going to have to up the butter content of his food. We are dangerously close to resembling a family made up of a tooth pick, an olive, and a peanut.
3. I am listening to the band Fun. obsessively. I am not sure if this is teeny bopper or not, but me no care. I heart them and their catchy jigs. Do your ears a favor and listen here: Mama's Jams. They are literally, fun. I am assuming that is how they got their name. Descriptive and succinct.
Related: I wish we could all just go by the adjective that describes us. Henceforth you may call me awesome. (to be pronounced awesome period)
4. We are in the beginning stages of potty training Her Highness. I promised my bestie that I would never discuss the pooping or peeing on the Facebook, but she never thought to make me promise that I would refrain here. Therefore, there may or may not be several posts on trying to bribe/trick/ cajole/ convince a stubborn Priss that the potty is her friend. This has already proved trying on my nerves. Yesterday, 10 minutes before we needed to leave for preschool, she decided it was time for a potty break. I dared to attempt to help her up the step stool to sit on her throne and she screamed "NO MOMMEEEEYYY I DO IT MYSEF" with such vehemence she peed on the floor. This is just a brief snapshot of what this uphill battle will be like.
5. I just found a half a Xanax in my peanut butter jar. Actually I was spreading hubs sandwich (cause he's five and gets a pbj and fruit snacks in his lunch box) and there it was. The only person/being in our house with an Rx for Xannys is our dog. She has a wee bit of an anxiety problem and we give her a milligram and a half every time there are fireworks. Or storms. Or it rains. All I can figure is when I gave her some for a thunderstorm last night somehow I got it in there. This obviously has not interfered with my blogging, but it was so bizarre I feel that I should share it. I wanted to make this an example of the weird things that happen to me.
(note: I know that is a lot of Xanax. Don't freak out. Dogs metabolize it differently.)
6. It is really warm and sunny and pretty much spring here. Therefore anytime not spent sitting on the side of the tub watching a 2 year old read a magazine, working, or watching Cupcake Wars has been spent out of doors.
7. I have discovered Word Scramble with Friends. Addictive and frantic and may cause me to actually start putting Xanax in my peanut butter on purpose.
So. There you have it. All the reasons I have not been here. I will do better. I will try harder. I will be back ASAP. With more fun tales of the Honey Badger and life and whatever else I come across.